Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From WIne Bar Food
Make and share this Grilled Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 lbs bone-in beef short ribs, sliced crosswise 1/2 thick
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- fresh cilantro, springs (to garnish)
- Combine vinegar, soy, honey, ginger, garlic, red pepper, oregano, coriander, zests and black pepper.
- Add ribs and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Drain ribs and discard marinade.
- Grill ribs until slightly charred and crispy, about 3 minutes on a side.
- Remove from grill, transfer to cutting board.
- Chop each rib into 3 or 4 peices.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with sesame sees and cilantro.
Don't let appearances deceive you. This is a recipe I tried 1 time, and will keep forever! Philip Dreger has combined a questionable array of flavors to make the taste buds sing.