Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This can be served as an appetizer or the meat can be taken off the skewers and rolled up in lettuce leaves with shredded carrot, mint leaves or chopped cilantro. You should soak skewers in water for 30+ minutes before using. Preparation time includes time spent in marinade. Recipe from San Francisco Flavors Edit:Blanch snow peas very quickly in boiling water before using.
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine the Worcestershire, sherry, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Alternately thread the beef strips and snow peas on twelve 10-inch bamboo skewers.
- Place the skewers in the baking dish and turn to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning the skewers several times.
- Remove the skewers from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Light a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil the skewers for 4- to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.
This was really easy to throw together! Tagged this in zaartag and decided to make it for a special dinner this weekend for dh. Knew that dh would want more on his than just the beef and snow peas, so I added onions and mushrooms. Also cooked it in the oven at 400 for about 10 min due to the weather. The snow peas were still a bit crunchy, but everything else was great. We will have this again soon. Thanks for sharing!