Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love scallops and got this recipe from the local grocery store, Dierbergs. I haven't tried it yet, but think it sounds great over rice.
- 12 ounces frozen sea scallops, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- Thread scallops onto skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes before using.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and then rub onto scallops.
- TO GRILL: Place on oiled grill over hot coals. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.
- TO BROIL: Place on broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat source for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.