Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name of this recipe should be "Grilled, whatever you like, with Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette". I've served it over Seabass, Halibut, Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, and Pork chops. It's almost buy what's on sale and light off the grill. It came from the "Weber's Big Book of Grilling"
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Cholulla)
- 4 skinless sea bass fillets (6 oz, each, 1 inch thick)
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Crank up the barbie to high.
- To make the vinaigrette; grill the Bell Peppers over Direct High heat'til the skins are charred evenly on all sides,10-12 minute , turn every 3-4 minute.
- Remove from the grill and place in a paper bag, close tightly, let stand 10-15 minute to steam the skins loose.
- Remove from the bag and peel off the skins.
- Cut off the tops, seed, and vain.
- Cut into 1/4 inch strips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add the Peppers and set aside for as long as 1 day.
- Lightly brush or spray the fillets with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Grill over Direct High heat 'til flesh is opaque in the center, 5-7 minute turning over halfway through the grilling time.
- Remove from the grill and top each serving with warmed vinaigrette.