Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe for sea bass, and oregano and tomatoes go well with just about anything. You don't have to stick to sea bass; try your favorite fish using this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided (means you will use some now, some later in the recipe)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 6 (6 -8 ounce) sea bass fillets
- 5 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms (stems discarded, caps sliced(about 3 cups)
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, brine-cured, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Prepare BBQ (medium-high heat).
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil and half of minced garlic in small bowl.
- Brush garlic oil on both sides of fish.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and remaining garlic, sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Grill fish just until opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Top with sauce and serve.
- Note: times don't include BBQ heating. Also, times are approximate.