Prep 2 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a once-in-a-while treat for us! The sauce can be made with red or orange peppers - its also delicious over grilled fish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded & sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup fish stock
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 20 fresh large scallops
- Heat 2 tbsps of the oil in a saucepan; add onion& cook gently until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, garlic& thyme and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer for 20 minutes or until the peppers are very soft.
- Puree the pepper mixture, return to a clean pan, add the cream& sugar and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste, reduce heat& simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the scallops.
- Add remaining oil to a very hoy frying pan& sear the scallops for 2 minutes on the first side.
- Turn& cook for another minute or until just opaque in the center.
- Serve with sauce.
Oh this is one wonderful sauce! Had some lovely peppers - found this recipe all that I thought it would be. Used both the yellow and the orange peppers which looked so appealing, absolutely delicious served over grilled fish. Going to assure having some scallops over the holidays. This is my kind of recipe! Made for 'Let's Party'
I love this recipe. The yellow pepper sauce is absolutely delicious. I served it over rice. Thank you!