Recipe by Oolala
From a magazine. Wish you could see the photo. Very pretty presentation. Serves 4 as a main course or makes 24 hors d'oeuvres. Grilled scallops' carmelized crust brings out their sweetness.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 24 sea scallops, about 1 1/2 lbs
- vegetable oil, to brush grill
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Soak onion in 1 cup of water with 1/2 teaspoons salt for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Stir together the onion, tomato, vinegar, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Drain relish in a sieve, discarding liquid, then stir in dill.
- Cook the scallops while the relish is standing by patting them dry with paper towels and adding salt and pepper to season.
- Grill in 2 batched on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Serve scallops with relish.