Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try to avoid buying scallops that have been soaked! If that is your only choice - grill them plain and only baste with the butter when ready. These, I tried at a friends house and she found them on Johanna Lindsay Wagner's blog.
- 6 -10 scallops (depending on size)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces butter, with
- fleur de sel (soft)
- 1 red chile, finely diced (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 tablespoons crumbled parmesan cheese
- rocket (to serve)
- Clean the scallops to remove the hard muscle that holds the scallop in the shell.
- Place in an oven-proof dish.
- Preheat the grill.
- Mix the chilli and thyme in with the butter, then divide between scallops, placing each half a teaspoon full of butter on top of each scallop.
- Place under the grill for 6 - 10 minutes, until starting to brown on top, but still soft and still slightly translucent in the very centre.
- Arrange on a bed of rocket leaves, spoon over some of the melted butter and sprinkle with crumbled parmesan.
- Serve immediately!