From one of my cookbooks-ripped right out and tucked inside my recipe box. Half hour marination required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place scallops in shallow dish.
- 2Combine olive oil, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground red pepper; drizzle over scallops, and toss gently.
- 3Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot and add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- 5Add bell pepper and sauté until tender.
- 6Stir in black beans and 1/2 teaspoons cumin; sauté 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and keep warm.
- 8Remove scallops from marinade; discarding marinade, thread scallops onto 4 (8 inch) skewers.
- 9Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place over medium coals (300-350°F).
- 10Place skewers on rack; grill, uncovered, 3 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque.
- 11Spoon black bean mixture evenly onto individual serving plates.
- 12Arrange grilled scallops evenly over black bean mixture.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Scallops With Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 647.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g