Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From one of my cookbooks-ripped right out and tucked inside my recipe box. Half hour marination required.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place scallops in shallow dish.
- Combine olive oil, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground red pepper; drizzle over scallops, and toss gently.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot and add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add bell pepper and sauté until tender.
- Stir in black beans and 1/2 teaspoons cumin; sauté 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and keep warm.
- Remove scallops from marinade; discarding marinade, thread scallops onto 4 (8 inch) skewers.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place over medium coals (300-350°F).
- Place skewers on rack; grill, uncovered, 3 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque.
- Spoon black bean mixture evenly onto individual serving plates.
- Arrange grilled scallops evenly over black bean mixture.
- Serve immediately.