1 hr 40 mins
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
Fro Tastes of the Pacific Northwest by Fred Brack and Tina Bell
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 -36 sea scallops
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 large walla walla onions
- salt and pepper
- repulse bay hotel butter (recipe follows)
Repulse Bay Hotel Butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch parsley, stems removed
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 5 fresh chives
- 4 stems fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped coarsley
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over lowest heat, partly covered, for 20 minutes. Do not allow to color.
- 2Blanch watercress and herbs in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain,k refresh under cold water, drain againand pat dry in paper towels.
- 3Place all ingredients except butter and egg yolks in food processorl. Process to a smooth paste. Add butter and process until well combined. Add egg yolks and salt and pepper to taste. Process just until eggs have been well blended. Mixture should be glossy.
- 4Meal: Soak 12 wood skewers in water for one hour. Distribute scallops evenly on 6 of the skewers. Brush with olive oil and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 5Peel and slice onions 1 inch thick. Divide slices and skewer.
- 6Brush skewered onions with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Grill over hot coals in spot where heat is low for 5 minutes. Turn over, salt and pepper, and grill for 3 minutes.
- 7Grill scallops over hot coals for 2 minutes. Turn, salt and peper to taste, and grill another minute, until opaqe all the way through.
- 8Remove scalloops and onions from the heat, top with Repulse Bay Hotel Butter and serve.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Scallops & Walla Walla Sweet Onions With Repulse Bay
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.2
- Calories from Fat 776
- Total Fat 86.2 g
- Saturated Fat 42.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.6 mg
- Sodium 699.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: