Grilled Scallops & Walla Walla Sweet Onions With Repulse Bay
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over lowest heat, partly covered, for 20 minutes. Do not allow to color.
- Blanch watercress and herbs in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain,k refresh under cold water, drain againand pat dry in paper towels.
- Place all ingredients except butter and egg yolks in food processorl. Process to a smooth paste. Add butter and process until well combined. Add egg yolks and salt and pepper to taste. Process just until eggs have been well blended. Mixture should be glossy.
- Meal: Soak 12 wood skewers in water for one hour. Distribute scallops evenly on 6 of the skewers. Brush with olive oil and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Peel and slice onions 1 inch thick. Divide slices and skewer.
- Brush skewered onions with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Grill over hot coals in spot where heat is low for 5 minutes. Turn over, salt and pepper, and grill for 3 minutes.
- Grill scallops over hot coals for 2 minutes. Turn, salt and peper to taste, and grill another minute, until opaqe all the way through.
- Remove scalloops and onions from the heat, top with Repulse Bay Hotel Butter and serve.