1 hr 40 mins
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
Fro Tastes of the Pacific Northwest by Fred Brack and Tina Bell
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 -36 sea scallops
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 large walla walla onions
- salt and pepper
- repulse bay hotel butter (recipe follows)
Repulse Bay Hotel Butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch parsley, stems removed
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 5 fresh chives
- 4 stems fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped coarsley
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over lowest heat, partly covered, for 20 minutes. Do not allow to color.
- 2Blanch watercress and herbs in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain,k refresh under cold water, drain againand pat dry in paper towels.
- 3Place all ingredients except butter and egg yolks in food processorl. Process to a smooth paste. Add butter and process until well combined. Add egg yolks and salt and pepper to taste. Process just until eggs have been well blended. Mixture should be glossy.
- 4Meal: Soak 12 wood skewers in water for one hour. Distribute scallops evenly on 6 of the skewers. Brush with olive oil and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 5Peel and slice onions 1 inch thick. Divide slices and skewer.
- 6Brush skewered onions with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Grill over hot coals in spot where heat is low for 5 minutes. Turn over, salt and pepper, and grill for 3 minutes.
- 7Grill scallops over hot coals for 2 minutes. Turn, salt and peper to taste, and grill another minute, until opaqe all the way through.
- 8Remove scalloops and onions from the heat, top with Repulse Bay Hotel Butter and serve.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Scallops & Walla Walla Sweet Onions With Repulse Bay
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.2
- Calories from Fat 776
- Total Fat 86.2 g
- Saturated Fat 42.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.6 mg
- Sodium 699.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: