Recipe by Vicki in CT
Elegant, yet simple meal. Restaurant fare at home. A perfect summer entree, no cook bruschetta and grilled scallops. Very low in fat, but big on flavor. Can also serve one scallop per person for an appetizer. Serving size based on hearty eaters for this one dish meal.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Loved the bruschetta! and I am not a person who likes capers but wanted to stay true to recipe. Scallops or just about any seafood is a favorite in our house. Very good and tender. I did add more lemon after cooking (personal preference) with cut wedges on the side. Family liked this very much. We ate this with a side salad and the bruschetta was on home made italian toasted bread. Good Luck in rsc 10
- 8 large sea scallops (about one pound)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use whole grain, Maille brand)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (I use chili flavored oil)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 loaf French baguette, cut on the bias into 1/2 to one inch thick slices (you will need 8 slices)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bruschetta ingredients. This can be done several hours in advance. Set aside.
- Combine scallop ingredients and marinate for about 15-30 minutes.
- Grill scallops until done -- do NOT overcook. We use a pan with holes made for the grill, but can also put on k-bobs. Alternatively can sear inside in a skillet.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a SMALL amount of oil on bread slices and toast until golden and crispy. Can toast in toaster oven or on grill.
- Place one scallop on each toast slice. Top with bruschetta. Garnish with basil sprig.