1/1 Photo of Grilled Scallops Topped With Bruschetta on Toast
Vicki in CT's Note:
Elegant, yet simple meal. Restaurant fare at home. A perfect summer entree, no cook bruschetta and grilled scallops. Very low in fat, but big on flavor. Can also serve one scallop per person for an appetizer. Serving size based on hearty eaters for this one dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large sea scallops (about one pound)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use whole grain, Maille brand)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (I use chili flavored oil)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1Combine bruschetta ingredients. This can be done several hours in advance. Set aside.
- 2Combine scallop ingredients and marinate for about 15-30 minutes.
- 3Grill scallops until done -- do NOT overcook. We use a pan with holes made for the grill, but can also put on k-bobs. Alternatively can sear inside in a skillet.
- 4Meanwhile, drizzle a SMALL amount of oil on bread slices and toast until golden and crispy. Can toast in toaster oven or on grill.
- 5Place one scallop on each toast slice. Top with bruschetta. Garnish with basil sprig.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Scallops Topped With Bruschetta on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 841.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g