Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is surprisingly fast to make and since scallops are sliced 1/2 to 1/3 horizontally (depending on size), they grill up very quickly on the pan. If scallops are large, then 1 taco equals 1 large scallop. But, if you are using medium or smaller scallops, you may need to use more scallops per taco. I love the creaminess of this avocado sauce which goes really well with other grilled fish or seafood items too.
- 1 large Hass avocado, roughly cut
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2-1 large pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded (adjust heat to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon fresh limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 limes, zest of or lemon
- 1 tablespoon limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- 4 -6 large sea scallops (see description above)
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped roughly
- 4 corn tortillas
- In a blender combine the sauce ingredients and process until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- In a bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Slice each scallops into 1/2 or 1/3 depending on size horizontally. Add the scallops to the marinade and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the cabbage, onion, and cilantro.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and lightly coat with olive oil. Place the scallops without crowding and quickly sear the scallops on high heat until lightly browned, about 30 seconds to a minute. Turn over and brown on second side for 30 seconds to a minute. Do not overcook or they will toughen. Remove from pan.
- Wipe the same frying pan and heat the tortillas both sides until warm about 15 seconds each side. Remove and continue with all the tortillas.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the cabbage mixture and scallops. Top with the sauce and eat!
This was excellent! I did my normal adding Pico to it.
seems lame. where is the grill ? why marinate scallops at all<br/>when they are delicious on their own with maybe a quick dressing while they are cooking.