1/3 Photos of Grilled Scallions
This is an easy and kind of unusual accompaniment to grilled meat or fish. Adapted from the Fresh! A Greenmarket Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunches plump scallions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (or 1 1/2 tsp. prepared Dijon mustard)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, finely chopped (or tarragon or marjoram)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1Herb Vinaigrette:.
- 2Place all ingredients except oils, in a jar and shake well. Add oils and shake again. Or, place in food processor and add oil slowly with motor running to make this creamy. Set aside.
- 3To grill scallions:.
- 4Trim both ends of scallions and leave whole. Brush liberally with vinaigrette.
- 5Place directly on grill and barbecue 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and crispy.
- 6Serve as a side dish. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Scallions
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g