Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy to throw together and put on the grill or in the oven and forget about it. We use the grill as much as possible during the summer so the house doesn't get any hotter than necessary - This is the latest of many last minute, have to make dinner and didn't plan ahead - AGAIN, meals. I serve this with rice or pasta.
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 lb bratwurst, just cooked through
- 1⁄2 medium eggplant
- 2 small green zucchini
- 1 small yellow zucchini
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 6 -8 medium russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- coarse salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- This is soooo simple.
- Start the grill!
- While you are warming your coals or starting your gas grill, lightly coat the bottom of a metal 9x13 cake pan with shortening or pam to keep the potatoes from sticking.
- Scrub potatoes (or peel if you don't like the skin on your potatoes), clean zucchini, egg plant.
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and toss into bottom of pan.
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant just larger than bite size pieces and toss onto potatoes, next, cut the smoked sausage and brats into bite size pieces toss onto veggies-- (see, isn't this easy?).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, parsley, and garlic powder on top of the pile, it will probably be stacked over the top of of the pan, don't worry-- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, poke a couple of holes in the top for ventilation.
- Toss on the grill for 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are done.
- I usually make rice or pasta with it.
This was terrific! I used Cliantro Chicken Sausage and Smoked Chipotle Sausage and left out the eggplant. This was one of the tastiest, easiest gems I've found on Zaar. Thanks!