1/7 Photos of Grilled Sausage and Peppers Pizza
This pie startes with my dough that is easy to handle and tasty. You can grill the veggies and sausage or saute them indoors the day before. This recipe is a great way to use left-over sausage and peppers so do use your favorite. As with all grills, keep a close eye on the pizza. Check out this thread http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=274104 on grilling pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 recipe pizza dough (Pizza Dough Bread Machine)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper, sauteed till softened
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sauteed till softened
- 1/2 onion, sliced and sauteed till translucent
- 3 links sausage (sliced and cooked sweet or hot)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1Prepare and have all ingredients ready at room temperature by the grill.
- 2Heat a clean well oiled grill to medium high.
- 3Divide dough into 2 or 4 pieces roll out on a well floured board or sil pad to 1/4 inch.
- 4Lightly spread olive oil on one side of the dough rounds.
- 5Grill the dough oil side down over direct medium/ high heat until the underside of the dough is marked and can be lifted away from grill, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6With tongs, gently flip the ungrilled side onto the grill.
- 7Turn down the heat on your grill to medium/low.
- 8Quickly distribute evenly a touch of olive oil, sauce, peppers, onions, sausage, cheese, a sprinkle of herbs and if desired a couple dallops of pesto.
- 9Close the lid down you can bake the toppings to get your pizza just right about. 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sausage and Peppers Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 528.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
recipe pizza dough
dried Italian herb seasoning