Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you love B.B.Q.'d italian sausage and bell peppers this is a great munch.
- 8 Italian sausages
- 2 red bell peppers, discard seeds and slice into 3/4 inch strips
- 4 yellow onions, medium sized, sliced into circular strips
- 29.58-44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 29.58 ml parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Italian bread or sourdough roll, enough to make 4 sandwiches
- Grill sausages on barbecue until well browned.
- Place sliced peppers and onions into a saucepan over medium heat, top with oregano and parsley, sprinkle with salt and black pepper and then drizzle with your olive oil.
- Be sure to stir this mixture every few minutes and continue to cook on medium until the peppers and onions and soft but not mushy. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- Slice your fresh Italian bread in half lengthwise and place 2 sausages into the fold. Top with enough sausage and peppers to fill. Go ahead and make them messy, they're more fun that way!