Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A quick and easy snack with plenty of room for variation.
Make and share this Grilled Sardines With Spring Onion & Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cut cucumber into cubes and place in bowl.
- Finely slice spring onion and red chilli and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, white wine vinegar, dried mint (approx 1/4 cup finely cut if using fresh) and salt to taste.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Halve french stick lengthwise and cut to desired serving size widthwise.
- Place a sardine on top of each piece of bread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and grill until melted and bread crispy.
- Plate bread and sardines and serve with fresh green salad (I used a mix or rocket, endive, chard and spinach but feel free to use whatever!) drizzled with cucumber and spring onion mix.