A quick and easy snack with plenty of room for variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cucumber into cubes and place in bowl.
- 2Finely slice spring onion and red chilli and add to bowl.
- 3Add olive oil, white wine vinegar, dried mint (approx 1/4 cup finely cut if using fresh) and salt to taste.
- 4Mix ingredients well.
- 5Halve french stick lengthwise and cut to desired serving size widthwise.
- 6Place a sardine on top of each piece of bread.
- 7Top with mozzarella cheese and grill until melted and bread crispy.
- 8Plate bread and sardines and serve with fresh green salad (I used a mix or rocket, endive, chard and spinach but feel free to use whatever!) drizzled with cucumber and spring onion mix.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sardines With Spring Onion & Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1706.0
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 3657.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 244.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 80.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar