Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Made this for the 4th of July and the sandwiches from it were wonderful! Great to put on the grill and let it go....we had it with potato salad and corn on the cob!
- 4 lbs fresh pork legs, bone in (1/2 roast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on grill over indirect heat, not directly over fire.
- Cover and cook about 1 hour and 20 minutes (18 to 20 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, stir together barbecue sauce, jelly and chili powder.
- The last 30 minutes of cook time, baste roast with sauce mixture every 5 to 10 minutes or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- Remove roast from grill and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice, refrigerate leftovers, good hot or cold!
Grape jelly? Too sweet