Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From a book entitled "on the Grill, adventured in fire and smoke".
- 4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons of cracked black and white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- splash dry vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- Place shrimp in a colander, rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, salt, black, white and cayenne peppers and chili powder then toss to coat.
- Add splash of vermouth and 1/4 cup of oil then toss to coat and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium high heat.
- Brush and oil the grill grate.
- Working in batches, grill shrimp, turning once, until bright red and nicely charred, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter and tent with aluminum foil.
Made for a nice quick fix it dinner. We loved the flavors, just wished I picked a better day to barbecue. Made for Best of 2012 Tag game.
WOW! This is a keeper. What great flavors and lots of spicy!!! Will be making this often. Great appetizer or main dish. Thanks for posting this. Made for My 3 Chefs game.