Being an Alaskan, I am always looking for new ways to prepare salmon. I came up with this recipe and have had people who don't even like salmon tell me it's good. We usually cook this on our grill but I have done it in the oven also and it has turned out just as good. Practically within throwing distance of the Copper River, I prefer Copper River red salmon, however, silver and king salmon work great as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -16 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 4 -6 cups total chopped vegetables, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, mushroom, tomato
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Rinse and pat dry salmon filets. Season with a little lemon pepper and salt.
- 2Oil large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 3Mix vegetables and remaining ingredients (except cheeses) in large bowl. Combine well.
- 4Place filets on foil and cover with vegetable mixture. Place a few pats of butter on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Cover with another large sheet of foil (also oiled to prevent cheese from sticking)and seal edges. Double wrap with foil (if using grill).
- 6Grill 10-15 minutes per side at medium heat, or bake at 375 about 30 minutes.
- 7Dish is done when fish flakes and vegetables are cooked but still firm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: