- 16 ounces salmon fillets, de-boned
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet.
- Coat the foil with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and squirt the lemon juice all overs it. Then spread the garlic mixture all over it.
- Sprinkle with about ¾ of the basil.
- Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter.
- Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining basil.