Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I found this in the Sunday Tribune, tried it out last weekend. It turned out wonderful. I have never grilled out so much as I have this summer. Must be all the beautiful weather we've had has forced me out of my hot kitchen into the sunshine. You can use either fresh or frozen Salmon for this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed & divided
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon, thinly sliced
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- For sauce:.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 2 tsp tarragon.
- Cover and chill.
- Tear heavy foil slightly longer than salmon.
- Poke several holes in foil with a fork.
- Spray foil with nonstick coating.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on foil.
- Stir together softened margarine and 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon.
- Spread butter mixture over salmon.
- Place foil with salmon on grill.
- Cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with sauce.
- If desired, garnish with lemon slices and tarragon sprigs.