1/1 Photo of Grilled Salmon With Sicilian Tomato Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sicilian tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 ml tomato passata or 400 ml canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped (more if you like them)
- 5 pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
For the salmon
- 1Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and sweat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- 2All the tomato passata or canned tomatoes, plus the anchovies, olives capers and plenty of black pepper, bring to the boil, then lower the heat right down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat the grill. Brush the salmon steaks with a little oil and grill for 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once halfway through cooking.
- 4Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 5 minutes or until cooked but firm.
- 5Serve the salmon with the sauce and steamed vegetables.
- 6Place the basil and lemon rind over the salmon. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Sicilian Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 1209.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: