Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Great on the grill or in the broiler. Watch the seeds carefully when toasting.
- 2 lbs salmon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temp.)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- combine lime juice, vegetable oil, 1 T soy sauce, sesame seeds (un-toasted) and celery seeds in a large ziplock bag.
- add salmon and turn bag to coat.
- let it marinade for 1 hour, turning regularly.
- preheat over to 350 degrees.
- spread 2 T sesame seeds in a small baking pan.
- place in oven and toast seeds to a light brown (3-5 min.).
- remove and set aside to cool.
- once cool, combine the toasted sesame seeds, butter, scallions or chives, sesame oil and black pepper.
- stir until smooth.
- shape into a cylinder and roll into wax paper.
- chill until firm.
- preheat broiler or grill.
- cook salmon about 5 minutes per side.
- when plating, serve with 1 T slice of sesame butter.