Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salmon is delicious grilled with the flavors of rosemary, lemon & garlic combined with olive oil. The recipe comes from Southbeachdiet.com
- 1⁄2 lb salmon
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- fresh rosemary, for garnish (optional)
- capers (optional)
- Cut the fish into 2 equal protions; combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl; brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grill, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray; Grill over medium-hot coals until fish flakes easily(allow 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness),If fish is more than 1 inch thick, gently turn it over halfway through grilling.
- To broil, spray the rack of the broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange fish on it, broil 4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness.
- To Serve, top the fish with capers, if using, and garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
This was very simple to prepare & tasted like much more effort had gone into the preparation. I tripled the amount of fish & eyeballed the proportions on the topping. Cooking time as posted resulted in salmon done just right. Thanks, Barb!
A beautiful piece of salmon simply prepared with fresh ingredients is hard to beat! Husband and I both enjoyed this one (which I broiled) with fresh rosemary (and without capers, though we like those too). A nice one to keep in mind when preparing side dishes that occupy your time in the kitchen, as this one takes so little time and effort. Thanks for posting, Barb.