Recipe by JanthePan
This is one of my favorites because it is so simple,and healthy. It was inspired by a delicious rosemary chicken dish that I was served at an Italian restaurant. Last time we grilled, we added the alder chips (my first time to use these), and tried it with grilled asparagus, which is also at this website. What a fabulous partnership!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fresh salmon
- 4 -6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked alder wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the outdoor grill.
- Cut the garlic clove in half, lengthwise, and rub the fleshy side of the salmon with it.
- Brush the fish with a little olive oil so that it won't stick to the grill, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the soaked alder chips directly on top of hot coals.
- Oil the grill, and then spread the rosemary sprigs on top of the grill.
- Place the salmon, fleshy side down, directly on top of the rosemary.
- Cover the grill, and cook fish for about 5 minutes.
- Flip it after about 5 minutes and cook the skin side for 3-4 minutes, checking with a knife for completion.
- It needs to reach a just barely opaque pink color throughout.
- Overcooking this will cause it to become dry.
- Serve with quartered lemons and a green vegetable, or salad.