Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From Epicurious where it was very highly rated. Putting it here to make soon. Most reviewers suggested havling the thai red curry paste but I have copied the recipe as written.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/8 teaspoons minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/8 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 cups well-stirred unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup julienne strips of seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 4 salmon fillets
- olive oil, for brushing salmon
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1Make rice:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3In a saucepan with an ovenproof lid bring rice, water, and butter to boil. Bake rice, covered, in middle of oven 12 minutes. Keep rice warm.
- 4Make sauce:.
- 5In a heavy saucepan sauté gingerroot and garlic in oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden. Add coriander, curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin and sauté, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Whisk in coconut milk, tomato purée, soy sauce, and brown sugar and bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and keep warm.
- 6Prepare vegetables:.
- 7In a bowl toss together all vegetable ingredients.
- 8Prepare grill.
- 9Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill salmon on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 10Put each in center of 4 plates and arrange salmon on top. Top salmon with vegetables and spoon sauce around it. Sprinkle vegetables with peanuts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Rice and Vegetable Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.0
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 180.6 mg
- Sodium 863.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 74.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste