Recipe by Mimi in Maine
The salmon is good and the butter is great. This is grilled over the coals and the butter is served on top of it when it comes off the grill.
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pistachio nut
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted (no substitutes)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- PISTACHIO-BASIL BUTTER:.
- Combine basil, pistachio nuts, lime juice, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Blend till basil and pistachios are finely chopped, stopping to stir as necessary.
- Transfer to a container; cover and keep cool till ready to use; if you refrigerate it, make sure it is at room temperature when you start to cook the salmon.
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry.
- Brush both sides of the fish with oil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Grill uncovered directly over the coals for 4-6 minutes per 1/2" thickness, turning once.
- Serve immediately with the butter.