Mimi in Maine's Note:
The salmon is good and the butter is great. This is grilled over the coals and the butter is served on top of it when it comes off the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachio nut
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted (no substitutes)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1PISTACHIO-BASIL BUTTER:.
- 2Combine basil, pistachio nuts, lime juice, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- 3Blend till basil and pistachios are finely chopped, stopping to stir as necessary.
- 4Transfer to a container; cover and keep cool till ready to use; if you refrigerate it, make sure it is at room temperature when you start to cook the salmon.
- 6Rinse the fillets and pat dry.
- 7Brush both sides of the fish with oil.
- 8Season with additional salt and pepper.
- 9Grill uncovered directly over the coals for 4-6 minutes per 1/2" thickness, turning once.
- 10Serve immediately with the butter.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Pistachio-Basil Butter
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 220.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g