Recipe by DailyInspiration
Pecans pair beautifully with fish; especially those that can be pan roasted or grilled. You can substitute salmon fillets for steaks. Recipe is from my "In Praise of Pecans" cookbook.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Delicious salmon recipe. It's so darn easy, too. I was cooking late night tonight, so I just used a cast iron skillet to cook the salmon. The pecan butter is fantastic. What a great combination of flavors. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (can substitute chives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pecan butter ingredients; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Rub salmon steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, broil, or pan-sear for 4-5 minutes on each side or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness. Transfer to dinner plates or a serving platter. Top each with a dollop of pecan butter. Pass the remaining butter.