Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe found on www.eatingwell.com. This is a version of the classic North African herb paste known as chermoula serves as both a marinade and a sauce for this richly flavored salmon. If it is too cool to grill outdoors, you can roast the salmon at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
This is great! I left the fish to marinate for about an hour and a half while at yoga and then cooked it in the oven... I love salmon and this is a keeper! Made it with a salmon steak. For ZWT #6!
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate for use atop fish after cooked.
- Place salmon fillets in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining herb mixture, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the bag over once.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill rack by placing oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess. Grill the salmon until browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- To serve, top each piece with a dollop of the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.