1/1 Photo of Grilled Salmon With North African Flavors
Recipe found on www.eatingwell.com. This is a version of the classic North African herb paste known as chermoula serves as both a marinade and a sauce for this richly flavored salmon. If it is too cool to grill outdoors, you can roast the salmon at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate for use atop fish after cooked.
- 2Place salmon fillets in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining herb mixture, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the bag over once.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill rack by placing oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack.
- 4Remove the salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess. Grill the salmon until browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- 5To serve, top each piece with a dollop of the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With North African Flavors
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 24.3 g