Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dijon, orange juice and scallions, most of which are in your fridge. Easy, low in carbs and so delish. I found this on the eating well website. Hope you enjoy. Original recipe called for 2 T. dijon, we have chosen to cut back to 1 tablespoon and love it that way. Sometimes we broil in the oven and to keep the steaks moist, I add some of the leftover marinade about half way through broiling.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon steaks
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Stir together mustard, orange juice and scallions in a shallow dish. Add salmon, turn to coat both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grill rack, cook salmon just until it is opaque in the center (about 5 minutes per side).
- Season with salt and pepper.
WOW! This was amazing! I cooked inside; baked 420 degrees for 12 minutes and it was PERFECT. Instead of cooking the scallions, I topped when the fish was done. This really was a fabulous dish. And is my norm...sorry not really a measurer but an estimator....worked out great.
We enjoyed this recipe last night. It tastes good and is incredibly fast and easy to prepare. We doubled the Dijon as you mentioned the original recipe called for 2 Tb and we love Dijon. We thought this was a good proportion. Other than that, we made no changes and enjoyed our grilled fish with a side of grilled asparagus. This was a good weeknight meal. Thanks!
This marinade was amazing! Easy to prepare, needs only 15-20 mins to marinade, and turns out YUMMY! Did not want to fiddle with the grill, so followed Vicki's recommendation and baked @ 420 for 12 mins - perfect! Served with brown rice, garlic-spiced broccoli slaw w/ a little teriaki sauce. Very tasty!