From The Asian Grill by David Barich and Thomas Ingalls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh green onions, trimmed 4 inches long
- 1Fire up your grill.
- 2Cut the green onions into thin lengthwise slivers and immerse them in a bowl of ice water, let sit until they are curled.
- 3When the onions have curled, remove, and pat dry.
- 4In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the miso sauce and mix into a smooth sauce.
- 5Place the sauce in a double boiler and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens; set aside to cool.
- 6Spread the sauce on both sides of the filets and let them sit at room temperature while your grill is heating.
- 7When coals are hot, scrub the cooking rack with a grill brush if necessary, and oil the cooking rack with a brush dipped in vegetable oil.
- 8Place the salmon on the grill flesh side down and grill for 5-6 minutes.
- 9Baste again with sauce, turn, and baste again.
- 10Grill for another 5-6 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon.
- 11Transfer from grill to heated plate or plates and serve garnished with the curled green onions.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Miso
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Sodium 1705.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: