Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From The Asian Grill by David Barich and Thomas Ingalls.
Make and share this Grilled Salmon With Miso recipe from Food.com.
- Fire up your grill.
- Cut the green onions into thin lengthwise slivers and immerse them in a bowl of ice water, let sit until they are curled.
- When the onions have curled, remove, and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the miso sauce and mix into a smooth sauce.
- Place the sauce in a double boiler and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens; set aside to cool.
- Spread the sauce on both sides of the filets and let them sit at room temperature while your grill is heating.
- When coals are hot, scrub the cooking rack with a grill brush if necessary, and oil the cooking rack with a brush dipped in vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon on the grill flesh side down and grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Baste again with sauce, turn, and baste again.
- Grill for another 5-6 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon.
- Transfer from grill to heated plate or plates and serve garnished with the curled green onions.
This was really easy to prepare and very tasty, with ingredients I typically have stocked in my pantry. I easily halved the recipe to accommodate 1 lb of salmon. We served with grilled zucchini. Thanks for posting. We enjoyed.