Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 fresh mango or 1 (15 ounce) can mangoes in syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and let stand.
- Heat lightly oiled grill pan on medium-high heat. Grill seasoned salmon for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Top with salsa and serve.
- Tips: Checking salmon for doneness: Gently insert a fork tip into the thickest part of the fish. If the salmon easily separates (or flakes), it’s ready.
- Variations: Make the same recipe with grilled chicken.
- Comments: Serve with baked sweet potato wedges.