Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and looks beautiful- perfect for a dinner party. The salsa is also good on chicken. Also consider using fresh lemon juice instead on lime, to mix it up a little!
For the mango-avocado relish
- 1 1⁄2 avocados
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mangoes
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
For the salmon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 (4 -5 ounce) salmon fillets
- fresh ground black pepper
- For the mango-avocado relish: Remove and discard the pit and skin from the avocados and rub the flesh of the avocado with some of the lime juice to prevent it from discoloring.
- Chop the the flesh and toss it with the remaining lime juice, mango, red pepper and scallions.
- Store the relish in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- For the salmon: Preheat the grill.
- Brush the fillets with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once (Thin fillets take less time, thicker fillets take more.).
- Placed the fillets on warmed plates, spoon the relish on top of the fish and serve.
Just as advertised: simple, beautiful and delicious. I added some salt, pepper and olive oil to the relish/salsa. I recommend serving this right away as the lime juice immediately begins breaking down the avocado to a "mashed" consistency. Not a bad-tasting development, just not as attractive as chopped avocado. Any leftovers are great as part of a green salad, even when softened. Excellent recipe, Bec.