Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This salmon will sing when accompanied with Lime Butter Sauce (Recipe follows). From Gourmet Magazine.
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper, then grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack (covered only if using gas grill) 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and grill (covered only if using gas grill) until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Sprinkle fillets with zest and top each with 1 tablespoon lime butter sauce.
- ***Lime Butter Sauce:.
- Purée garlic with lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- With motor running, add melted butter and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
- Cooks' Note: If you aren't able to grill outdoors, salmon can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
- Makes 6 servings.
You have a winner Bev. I used salmon steaks because it's what I had in the freezer and I made 2 servings. The fresh lime is wonderful with the garlic in it. I used the grilling pan indoors and the kitchen did get a bit smoky but the end result was worth it. An excellent dish that I would recommend to salmon lovers.
This is absolutely delicious! I bake the salmon in the oven with foil wrapped lightly around it at 350 for around 25 minutes... I check it at 20 minutes then add time depending on how it looks. The fish is so tender this way. My dh thinks it's the best... restaurant quality and so easy to make. I love it too because you can use ~1 T per serving and make as many servings as you need. The extra sauce can be used next time you serve fish... nothing better than an easy to prepare, delicious meal! By the way... this is terrific with steelhead as well (I believe steelhead is trout that is sometimes mistaken for salmon).
Bev this was so tasty and very simple to put together Ive always enjoyed salmon with lemon, the lime butter puts it over the top. I thought the lime gave it a fresher taste than lemon. Thanks for sharing this recipe and one that will go in the binder.