Recipe by heather in Ont,
The lemon and rosemary add a wonderful flavour to this marinade while the olives add a richness. Easy to make and great to taste. Cooking time includes 20 minutes of marniating. Reicpe Source: Tufts University guide to Healthy Living Magazine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon into 4 portions and place in a shallow dish.
- Wisk lemon juice, olive oil, chopped fresh rosemary, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Use 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice mixture to marinate the salmon.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir 4 tsp chopped pitted Kalamata olives into the remaining lemon juice mixture for sauce.
- While salmon marinates, heat grill to medium-high.
- Just before cooking, lightly oil grill rack by rubbing a piece of oil-soaked paper towel over surface (use tongs to hold paper towel).
- Do not spray a hot grill with cooking spray; it could cause an explosion.
- Place salmon pieces skin side up, on grill.
- Close lid and cook for 4 minute.
- Using two metal spatulas, carefully turn salmon pieces over; cook just until opaque in the centre and fish flakes when tested with a fork 4 to 8 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
- Serve the salmon with the sauce and lemon or lime wedges.