For a perfectly simple dinner, serve this salmon with grilled or broil asparagus and a mix of California brown and wild rices. Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, oil, sugar and ginger.
- Set aside 1/3 of the mixture in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish and pour the rest of the marinade over the top.
- Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Grill or broil salmon over medium heat, turning once with a wide spatula and brushing with excess marinade until salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes depending on thickness.)
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve with reserved marinade for drizzling.