Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from a Guckenheimer cookbook I received as a gift. I am adding all the ones that sound good to Zaar so I can make them later.
- 8 salmon fillets, 6 oz each
- 8 fresh lavender flowers, plucked from stem
- 4 mangoes
Lavender Butter (make before grilling salmon)
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In saucepan, reduce shallots in chardonnay and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Add clam juice and 1/2 tablespoon dried lavender.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by 1/3.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, bit by bit.
- Strain mixture with fine grid strainer.
- Add the remaining dried lavender and keep the sauce warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill salmon giving it a diamond shape marking.
- Cut mango on each side of seed.
- Place half, skin side down and with a thin blade, separate skin from pulp.
- Cute each half mango lengthwise to create a fan effect.
- Ladle 1/2 ounce of lavender butter sauce on plate.
- Place salmon in middle of plate.
- Garnish with mango fan.
- Sprinkle circumference of dish with fresh lavender flowers.