Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy butter adds instant flavour to grilled salmon. This is a clipping from a decade old magazine. **Edit June 24/07 - after reading some of the reviews I had to revisit this recipe and try it grilled and it IS so much better that way. Add a little bit of garlic powder and salt & pepper to it first then grill about 5 to 6 minutes per side (Depending on how thick it is) Thanks for the tips - this has made a good recipe great :)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, halved & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- For Jalapeño Butter:.
- Combine ginger, garlic and jalapeño peppers in a blender or food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add cilantro and process until combined. Stir in butter.
- On a piece of plastic wrap, shape butter into a 6 inch long log. Seal and chill until serving time.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt & pepper. Wrap salmon in foil and place on grill. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping package over half way. Fish is done when it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, place a 3/4 inch slice of jalapeño butter on top of each serving of salmon.
- Seal remaining butter and freeze up to 3 months.
Absolutely wonderful recipe. I ended up baking mine in foil in a 350* oven due to high winds tonight and it turned out excellent. I also dusted the fish with a mixture of dried basil, oregano, garlic and thyme. This is keeper!!
I grilled my salmon then topped it with the Jalapeno butter...really yummy. Try to use fresh garlic and fresh ginger...it really makes a difference.
Another 5 star review!!! This is just the cats meow. I did cut the recipe in half and cut the butter in half again and still I have butter left over. I also decided not to use the food processor and just chopped all the ingredients and mix them together. Thanks for posting. We really enjoyed it. :)