Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from a book called "Thai Cooking and More." Excellent cookbook. I've deleted a couple ingredients,changed some and added others from the original recipe. This dish is more flavourful than hot so don't be afraid of it. Serve it with rice, asparagus or broccoli and a crusty baquette. You can find the ingrediants with the soy sauce in the Asian Specialty section at the grocer. They come in small jars. My favourite hot chili paste is Sombel Oelek - no sugars added.
- 3 green onions
- 680.38 g salmon fillets
- 29.58 ml black bean sauce
- 4.92 ml hot chili paste
- 29.58 ml dark soy sauce
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat Broiler.
- Finely chop enough green onions to measure 1/4 cup; set aside.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Place in shallow glass dish.
- Combine green onions, black bean sauce, hot chili paste, soy sauce (don't use a sweet soy sauce), sesame oil, garlic and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Spread half of marinade over salmon; turn salmon over and spread with remaining marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Place salmon on prepared grill. Broil 4 to 5 minutes per side until flakey.
This was a very easy recipe to prepare and good for a weeknight meal. We marinated almost an hour and grilled on the BBQ. Served with grilled potatoes and grilled broccoli rabe. Wish the taste of the marinade came through a little more in the prepared dish, which I was surprised about. Maybe other reviewers did not have that problem? Anyway, as I said, it was easy and it was enjoyed. Thanks!
Used this marinade on 2 nice fresh wild caught deep red sockeye fillets from Costco. Wonderful on the grill! Thank you for a quick keeper marinade!
I substituted chili paste with garlic for the hot chili paste as that was what I had on hand. Wonderful taste and not hot, just spicy and just the right amount. I loved this and will make again soon. Made for ZWT4.