Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This came from a local Tennessee magazine,Wonderful and light for the summer/
- 4 thick salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Fresh Basil sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Hot and fast is the best way to cook fish on the grill.
- Start with a hot fire and let it die down.
- Clean the grate and wipe it with the olive oil.
- Dust the salmon with the flour and salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish on the grill and dont touch it for the first 5 mins.
- Turn the fish over and grill for a furthur 3 mins.
- Remove from grill.
- Fresh Basil Sauce:.
- place the basil leaves in a food processor with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Blend to a paste, and then slowly pour in the olive oil and mix.
- Serve drizzled over the grilled salmon.