1/5 Photos of Grilled Salmon With Dilled Mustard Glaze
The sugar and dill in this glaze is used to cure gravlax by Scandinavian-Americans in Minnesota, but the combination works just as well on the grill. This is a "Staff Favorite" at Food & Wine Magazine. This recipe also works well in the oven. The lightly caramelized sweet mustard glaze and rich, smoky flavors here will find echoes in an oak-aged Chardonnay.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard seeds
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml whole grain mustard
- 14.79 ml dill, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh lime juice
- 7.39 ml dark brown sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil, for the grill
- 907.18 g salmon fillets, skin on (One, 2-pound Salmon Fillet, skin on)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1Toast mustard seeds over moderate heat until they darken and begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk mayonnaise with mustard, dill, lime juice and brown sugar. Season with pepper. Set Aside.
- 3Light a gas grill and lightly brush grate with oil.
- 4Run your fingers over the salmon fillet, feeling for bones. Use tweezers to remove any bones you find.
- 5Brush skin side of salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Place fillet on grill, skin side down, and spread the mustard glaze over the fish. Sprinkle with mustard seeds.
- 7Close grill and cook over moderate heat until glaze is golden and salmon is nearly opaque, about 25 minutes. Check on salmon and make sure skin does not begin to char. If skin does char move to cooler part of grill and reduce heat.
- 8Transfer the salmon to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Dilled Mustard Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 432.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 46.8 g