Prep 23 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make this recipe year-round by broiling the salmon instead of grilling it. Preheat the broiler and place a rack about 6 inched from the heat source. Broil the fish fro about 15 minutes, flipping over once. It should be lightly browned on both sides and should flake with a fork.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, yogurt, garlic and dill and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Rub salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Oil grill and cook salmon, skin side down, 4 to 5 minutes. Use a wide spatula to flip salmon; grill until just opaque, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season cucumber salad with salt and pepper and serve alongside salmon.
I always think cucumbers, yoghurt and dill were meant to be together, and salmon loves them all too! This was super yummy thank you.