Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh my.... this relish is good on any type of fish, we tried it on DH's trout... yummmm. Recipe calls for fresh corn, but frozen is okay too. If using fresh corn, you'll need 2 ears, cooked and removed from ears. Given to me by DS's sweetheart.
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 2 ea. tomatoes (cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 2 ea. avocados (halved, pitted & diced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (small,finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh,chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon, filets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Combine corn,tomatoes,avacados,onion, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice, season with kosher salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium, brush salmon filets lightly with olive oil, dust with creole seasoning.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minute (cook time depends on thickness of filets).
- Serve with corn,tomato avacado relish -- YUMMMMMMY.
This relish was so bright and colorful!! It tasted good and plated nicely. I used 2 ears of leftover grilled corn and like another reviewer, subbed cilantro for the parsley because I thought it would work well with the other ingredients in this dish. This made for a lot of relish for our 18 oz of fish, so we plan on having the leftover relish tomorrow over grilled mahi mahi. Thanks! Made for ZWT7
Loved the relish! This is delicious. Also enjoyed the smokiness of the grilled salmon. The creole seasoning I chose was a bit salty, so next time I'll use salt-free creole seasoning. I will use this relish again....I think it will be great with all kinds of fish and also chicken.....thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
I used roasted corn, canned organic diced tomatoes, yummy cilantro in place of the parsley, half the oil. Old bay was the seasoning I used. I did grill the salmon with skin on. A must enjoy.
Made for ZWT 2011. thanks for the healthy eats!