Recipe by BakinBaby
Oh my.... this relish is good on any type of fish, we tried it on DH's trout... yummmm. Recipe calls for fresh corn, but frozen is okay too. If using fresh corn, you'll need 2 ears, cooked and removed from ears. Given to me by DS's sweetheart.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This relish was so bright and colorful!! It tasted good and plated nicely. I used 2 ears of leftover grilled corn and like another reviewer, subbed cilantro for the parsley because I thought it would work well with the other ingredients in this dish. This made for a lot of relish for our 18 oz of fish, so we plan on having the leftover relish tomorrow over grilled mahi mahi. Thanks! Made for ZWT7
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 2 ea. tomatoes (cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 2 ea. avocados (halved, pitted & diced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (small,finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh,chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon, filets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn,tomatoes,avacados,onion, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice, season with kosher salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium, brush salmon filets lightly with olive oil, dust with creole seasoning.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minute (cook time depends on thickness of filets).
- Serve with corn,tomato avacado relish -- YUMMMMMMY.