Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a summer time recipe. The vinaigrette recipe makes more than you will need. It is great also on aa a salad dressing. It lasts up to 1 week.
- 4 -6 ounces salmon steaks or 4 -6 ounces salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 oranges
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns or 1 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- Combine garlic, lemon thyme, salt and pepper, olive oil.
- Pour over salmon.
- Grill salmon for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Juice 1 of each fruit.
- Segment the remaining fruit.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup fruit juice and other remaining ingredients (except citrus segments).
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Saute spinach with olive oil.
- Plate spinach and top with salmon.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with citrus segments.
This might be a summertime recipe, but I couldn't pass on it, especially because of the citrus vinaigrette ~ Loved the combo of fruits there! I used the small, tender spinach leaves & couldn't bring myself to saute them ~ Used them fresh, instead! Thanks for a really great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]