Recipe by pesce_gurl
This is great for entertaining on summer evenings. My boyfriend isn't a big salmon fan but he loves this dish, I think because he gets to be the Grill Master for the evening. It's from the Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 salmon steaks (about 3/4 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salad dressing, herbs, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup salad dressing mixture to serve later with cooked salmon.
- Stir wine into remaining salad dressing mixture; brush on salmon.
- Place salmon on grill over hot coals (coals will be glowing) or rack of broiler pan.
- Grill covered, or broil 5-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with reserved salad dressing mixture.