You will have more than enough of the herb butter, but it can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 6 months. You can also use it on grilled steaks or as a spread for bread. I also highly recommend using it to make Cheese-Crusted Flat Bread--replace butter seasoning mix listed and top with shredded cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine butter, chives, parsley, chervil, lemon juice, chilies, and adobo sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With electric mixer, beat together until well incorporated.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Shape butter into a long log and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Lay skin side up over a solid bed of coals or high heat on a gas grill; Close lid on gas grill.
- Cook fish, turning once, until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place a 1/8-inch thick slice of chipotle butter on top of each fillet.