Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You will have more than enough of the herb butter, but it can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 6 months. You can also use it on grilled steaks or as a spread for bread. I also highly recommend using it to make Cheese-Crusted Flat Bread--replace butter seasoning mix listed and top with shredded cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine butter, chives, parsley, chervil, lemon juice, chilies, and adobo sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With electric mixer, beat together until well incorporated.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Shape butter into a long log and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Lay skin side up over a solid bed of coals or high heat on a gas grill; Close lid on gas grill.
- Cook fish, turning once, until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place a 1/8-inch thick slice of chipotle butter on top of each fillet.
Wonderful recipe. The chipotle herb butter is awesome! It would be terrific on other meats such as chicken or beef. Also great on veggies. I used some the next night to saute onion and garlic for rice pilaf and it was fabulous! Thanks for sharing such an easy and versatile recipe!