Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best salmon dish I have ever tasted. It's restaurant quality and totally addicting. This is a recipe created by the Neelys and wanted to share it.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon steaks, 1-inch thick
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- Heat a medium size saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add canola oil and saute garlic, ginger, and green onion until fragrant and tender. Add the red pepper flakes. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the saucepan. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper. Oil the grill with vegetable oil. Place the fish down for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the fish over and brush with the barbecue sauce, continue cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes, until opaque throughout. Divide the baby spinach among 4 plates. Place the salmon steaks on top of the beds of spinach while still very hot. This will make the spinach wilt.