The same marinade works with other meaty fish, or shrimp, and the sauce is grand even with plain rice. Recipe from the Quick and Easy Vietnemese Cook Book. Cook time does not include MARINATING time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsley chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3/4 thick salmon fillets or 1 3/4 tuna, halibut or 1 3/4 other meaty fish
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 chili-garlic sauce or 1/4 hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1To marinate fish, in a medium bowl, combine the oil, ginger, garlic, shallots, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and mix everything well. Place the salmon fillets in the bowl and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes, or cover and refreigerate for up to 1 day.
- 2To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl(last 6 ingredients on the list above).
- 3Stir to dissovle the sugar and mix everything well. Place on the serving platter you will use for the fish.
- 4To cook the fish, build a hot charcoal fire, preheat a gas grill, or preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the fish steaks carefully on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking, or bake about 15 minutes. transfer to the serving platter alongside the Chili-lime sauce and serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Chili-Lime Sauce (Ca Nuong Gung; Nuoc Mam Ch
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 3303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: